TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - With all Arizona schools closed through at least Friday, April 10, several districts are offering free meal services for students.
Below is a list of the free meal programs being offered by the school districts in southern Arizona.
The district will begin delivering ‘Grab&Go’ mobilized meals to families at 113 locations throughout the community.
The routes will run from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. with 10 minutes at each stop. Children will be given two meals at once, intended to be a lunch and breakfast for the next morning.
The meals are free and there are no eligibility requirements.
You can get a map for each route, along with approximate delivery times HERE..
The district will offer grab-and-go breakfast and lunch to all children ages 1-18 years old.
Students who show up for breakfast will be able to also take lunch with them, but parents and students will not be allowed to eat on site.
There is no need to register for meals and there is no income requirement.
The sites, which are listed below, will be open 7:30-10 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Craycroft Elementary: 5455 East Littletown Road
- Drexel Elementary: 801 East Drexel
- Elvira Elementary: 250 West Elvira Road
- Los Amigos Elementary: 2200 East Drexel Road
- Mission Manor Elementary School: 600 West Santa Rosa Street
Amphitheater Public Schools will begin offering grab-and-go meal service to children 18 years old and under starting Monday, March 23. Children DO NOT have to be students in the district to receive meals, and no signup is required.
Pick-up stations, which are listed below, will be open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday, March 23-27.
- Amphitheater High: 125 West Yavapai Road, Tucson
- LM Prince Elementary School: 315 East Prince Road, Tucson
- Canyon Del Oro High: 25 West Calle Concordia, Oro Valley
- Coronado K-8 School: 3401 East Wilds Road, Tucson
- Marion Donaldson Elementary: 2040 West Omar Drive, Tucson
- Frances Owen Holaway Elementary: 3500 North Cherry Avenue, Tucson
- Helen Keeling Elementary: 2837 North Los Altos, Tucson
- La Cima Middle: 5600 North La Canada Drive, Tucson
- Mesa Verde Elementary: 1661 W. Sage Street, Tucson
- EC Nash School: 515 West Kelso Street, Tucson
- Rio Vista Elementary: 1351 East Limberlost Drive, Tucson
- Lulu Walker School: 1750 West Roller Coaster Rd., Tucson
The district is offering grab-and-go meal service breakfast and lunch at several sites, but the Marana Cares Mobile service will also continue.
Pick-up stations, which are listed below, will be open Monday-Friday from 7:30-9 a.m. (breakfast) and 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (lunch) starting Monday, March 23 and continuing through the school closure.
Children do not have to be part of the district, but they must be present to get a meal. Adult meals are not available. Families do not need to register and there are no income requirements.
- Butterfield Elementary School: 3400 West Massingale Road, Tucson
- Estes Elementary School: 11280 Wes Grier Road, Marana
- Picture Rocks Elementary: 5875 North Sanders Road, Tucson
- Quail Run Elementary: 4600 West Cortaro Farms Road, Tucson
- Roadrunner Elementary: 16651 West Calle Carmella, Marana
The Marana Cares Mobile program will continue this week and is scheduled for March 16-20 and during the school closure.
The MCM bus will be at the following locations Monday though Friday.
- 11 a.m. to noon -- Sandario Road and Anthony Road, near the Marana Congregation of Jehovah’s Witness Church
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. -- 6560 W. El Tiro Road, at the Marana Domestic Water Improvement District
Beginning Monday, March 23, the district will provide curbside meal service to all children 1 to 18 years old.
Each meal will include lunch and breakfast at no charge. Children do not have to be students in the district.
The pick-up stations, which are listed below, will be open 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Wrightson Ridge School: 16325 South Rancho Sahuarita Boulevard, Sahuarita
- Sopori Elementary: 5000 West Arivaca Road, Amado.
District officials said efforts are underway to ensure students are fed while schools are closed.
“We have worked with USDA to allow schools to begin summer food service operations and provide boxed meals as needed,” district officials said in a post to the SVUSD website. " Your local school will have more information about how and where to access meals."
The district will provide free meals for children 18 and under.
Pick-up stations, which are listed below, will be open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday
- AJ Mitchell Elementary (855 North Bautista Street): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Monte Carlo Park (386 East Calle Sonora): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Mountain Points Apartments (800 Baffert Drive): Breakfast 8:25-8:30 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:20 p.m.
- Boys & Girls Club (590 North Tyler Avenue): Breakfast 8:25-8:40 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:30 p.m.
- Las Terrazas Apartment (661 East Patagonia Highway): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Salud Por Vida Community Center (350 West Western Avenue): Breakfast 8:25-8:40 a.m.; Lunch: Noon-12:30 p.m.
- Villa Hermosa (3208 N. Calle Villa Hermosa): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Community Food Bank (2636 North Donna Avenue): Breakfast 9-9:15 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:20 p.m.
- Lomas Mariposa Apartments (1790 North Loma Mariposa): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Mariposa Manor (945 West Manor Drive): Breakfast 8:25-8:40 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:30 p.m.
- Nogales Public Library (518 North Grand Avenue): Breakfast 8:25-8:40 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:20 p.m.
- Pete Kitchen Trailer (Cochise Drive): Breakfast 8:25-8:40 a.m.; Lunch Noon-12:20 p.m.
- Rolling Hills, near Coronado Elementary (Al Harrison Road): Breakfast 8-8:20 a.m.; Lunch 11:30-11:50 a.m.
Pick-up stations, which are listed below, will be open for breakfast (7:30-8:30 a.m.) and lunch (noon-1 p.m.) Monday through Friday.
Walter Douglas Elementary and Flowing Wells Junior High will begin their free meals Wednesday, March 18.
The meals will be free to all students 18 years old and under.
- Centennial Elementary: 2200 West Wetmore Road
- Homer Davis Elementary: 4250 North Romero Road
- Walter Douglas Elementary: 3302 North Flowing Wells Road
- J. Roberts Hendricks Elementary: 3400 West Orange Grove Road
- Laguna Elementary: 5001 North Shannon
- Richardson Elementary: 6901 North Camino De La Tierra
- Flowing Wells Junior High: 4545 North La Cholla Boulevard
- Flowing Wells High School: 3725 North Flowing Wells Road
Catalina Foothills School District students can take part in the Flowing Wells meal program. The meals will be free to all students 18 years old and under.
See above for dates, times and locations.
School offices will be open starting Monday, March 16 to allow parents to pick up medications and other essential personal items.
Some schools will still offer breakfast and lunch from 8-10 a.m. March 16- 20.
Though the district will not provide transportation any student can visit Douglas High, Stevenson, Sarah Marley or Faras for meals.
The district will provide breakfast and lunch at three of its five schools. Depending on response and need, the district could expand the service to all schools
The locations are:
- Calabasas School: 131 Camino Maricopa, Rio Rico
- Coatimundi Middle: 1412 West Frontage Road, Rio Rico
- Mountain View Elementary: 580 Camino Lito Galindo, Rio Rico
The district said it is reaching out to families who have students on free and reduced lunch plans to provide them with information about how and where they can receive assistance.
The district said it will donating milk and fresh produce supplies to Tucson Unified.
Students 18 and under can pick up lunch and breakfast from March 19, 20, 23 and 26, regardless if they are enrolled at the school or not.
Students can pick up their meals from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The pre-packaged meals will be consumed at home or offsite to remain in compliance with the National School Lunch Program and school closures.